KGNUs 2020 Summer Fund Drive
KGNU Radio's Summer Fund Drive is July 8-12 with an invitation to show your support for community radio!
KGNU's July Board of Directors meeting will be hosted online
Due to the current Safer At Home restrictions related to the coronavirus pandemic, KGNU will host its regularly scheduled monthly Board of Directors meeting online via Zoom videoconferencing, starting at 6 PM Mountain time on July 13.
Board meetings are open to the public. Please check back here at 5:30 PM on July 13th for the link to join the videoconference from your computer or other devices.
Charles Sawtelle Memorial Mountain Jam Safer-at-Home Edition
KGNU will continue a three-decade tradition of the annual Charles Sawtelle Memorial Mountain Jam on Sunday, July 19, when a musical performance extraordinaire continues with a virtual Safer at Home Edition!
For your enjoyment, this year's bands are the Cody Sisters, The River Arkansas and Bowregard! Free to attend with RSVP July 18. Attendees will be sent a link for the concert by 2:00 p.m. on July 18. Donations are welcome and appreciated as all proceeds will benefit KGNU.
BUY ONE + GIVE ONE - Making a Difference Together
The effect of COVID-19 on businesses across the Front Range is especially disruptive to local charities and nonprofit organizations that depend on donations to provide critical services to our community. Losses in funding limits their ability to provide assistance and recruit volunteers. KGNU is offering a Buy One Give One underwriting promotion through September 30, 2020.
Read more to find out how you can help.
Don't Throw Away Your Cell Phones!
The Wireless Alliance recycles cell phones. You can drop off your cell phone at KGNU or you can request a recycle box for your workplace. Partial proceeds from donated cell phones will benefit KGNU.
Are you experiencing issues with KGNU's signal?
If you are having difficulty receiving KGNU's signal, over the air or online, please let us know using this form.
Download KGNU Stream Player and Mobile App to Your Mobile
You may have noticed a new player when clicking the Listen link (above left). This player, developed by Radio Rethink, is mobile-friendly - click here for a quick tutorial on how to add a link to the player to your device's home screen.
Donate Your Old Car to Support KGNU
Donating your vehicle - car, truck, RV, boat, or motorcycle - is an easy way to support your community radio station. Avoid the hassle of selling it yourself, get a tax deduction, and help KGNU!
Call toll-free 844-KGNU-CAR (844-546-8227), and we'll take care of the rest.
All Spotlight items
- TUC RadioTime of Useful Consciousness Radio
- Today from 4:00 PM to 4:30 PMA weekly program hosted by Richard D. Wolff, Professor of Economics
- Today from 4:30 PM to 5:00 PMExploring the alternatives to violence
- Today from 5:00 PM to 6:00 PMDaily News Show with Stories and Perspectives from Around the World
- Today from 6:00 PM to 7:00 PMCall-in Program on a Variety of Topics Focused on the National and Local Economy
- Today from 7:00 PM to 8:00 PMHost: Desdemona FinchFolk music and americana
- Today from 8:00 PM to 9:00 PMHost: Carl ArmonRagtime and related music from the classics of the past up to the music of today
- Today from 9:00 PM to 10:00 PMHost: George CoddingMusic from the Big Band and Swing Era
- Today from 10:00 PM to 12:00 AMHost: George CoddingJazz with a focus on Traditional, Swing, and Straight-Ahead Jazz.
- Tonight from 12:00 AM to 3:00 AMLate night freeform radio
- Tomorrow from 3:00 AM to 5:30 AMThe proving ground for new talent
- Tomorrow from 5:30 AM to 6:00 AMA community-based news show founded by former staff members of Pacifica's WBAI in New York
- Tomorrow from 6:00 AM to 6:30 AMThe world's Newsroom brings you global events as they happen
- Tomorrow from 6:30 AM to 6:50 AMThe daily drama of money and work from the BBC
- Tomorrow from 6:50 AM to 7:00 AMThe story of our times told by the people who were there
- Tomorrow from 7:00 AM to 8:00 AMAward Winning News Magazine Show
- Tomorrow from 8:00 AM to 8:30 AMCoverage of Local and Regional Public Affairs and News
- Tomorrow from 8:30 AM to 9:30 AMHost: Kathy PartridgeUnrig Our Broken Democracy
- Tomorrow from 9:30 AM to 12:06 PMDiverse and eclectic sounds, on the mellow side.
- Tomorrow from 12:06 PM to 3:00 PMDiverse and eclectic sounds on the more adventurous side.
- Tomorrow from 3:00 PM to 3:30 PMHost: Astin LopezLocally Produced Interviews Featuring the Visual & Performing Arts
- Tomorrow from 3:30 PM to 4:00 PMInterviews with social critics, artists, activists, and entrepreneurs who are building tomorrow's world today.