KGNU is Hosting Bike to Work Day Breakfast Station
KGNU is a proud media sponsor of the 43rd Annual Walk and Bike Month 2019, supported by the City of Boulder and Community Cycles. KGNU will provide a breakfast station, an on-site bike mechanic, and tours of the Boulder radio station on Bike to Work Day, Wednesday, June 26. Stop by, we look forward to seeing you!
KGNU Boulder Studios, Jun 26, starting at 6:30 AM
KGNU's Summer of Love Fund Drive
KGNU Radio's Summer of Love Fund Drive will take place July 9-14, inviting you to "show your love for community radio!" Make a contribution to KGNU anytime now through July 14th at 2:00 p.m. Mountain time and you will be entered into a drawing to win a pair of three-day passes, with camping, to the Rocky Mountain Folks Festival, August 16-18, 2019, in Lyons at Planet Bluegrass. Travel expenses are not included. Sustainers of Local Radio (SOLR) members will automatically be entered into this drawing.
Help us take contributions during the Summer of Love Fund Drive.
KGNU Radio's Summer of Love Fund Drive begins July 9, with an invitation to "show your love for community radio!"
Help us answer phones and take contributions during the Summer of Love Fund Drive. Volunteers will be provided with food and plenty of inspiration.
31st Annual Charles Sawtelle Memorial Mountain Jam
Join us at our Annual Charles Sawtelle Memorial Mountain Jam on Sunday, July 21 for a musical performance extraordinaire at Gold Hill, in its 31st year.
Advance tickets are $30 for KGNU members, $35 for non-members. Children 12 and under free. Online sales end Saturday, July 20 at 11pm. Remaining tickets will be $40 day of show at the door only.
Gold Hill Inn, Jul 21, starting at noon
KGNU is the Recipient of Recycle Colorado's award for Outstanding Outreach
KGNU has been awarded the 2019 Recycle Colorado award for Outstanding Outreach. This award is given to a media outlet that in the past year has worked to promote recycling, composting, or waste reduction in Colorado.
Listen to KGNU's Zero Waste Radio Series on News.KGNU.org.
Check out our wishlist. We're always in need of various items to help update and improve our equipment around the station.
Don't Throw Away Your Cell Phones!
The Wireless Alliance recycles cell phones. You can drop off your cell phone at KGNU or you can request a recycle box for your workplace. Partial proceeds from donated cell phones will benefit KGNU.
Are you experiencing issues with KGNU's signal?
If you are having any difficulty receiving KGNU's signal, over the air or online, please let us know using this form.
Download KGNU Stream Player and Mobile App to Your Mobile
You may have noticed a new player when clicking the Listen link (above left). This player, developed by Radio Rethink, is mobile-friendly - click here for a quick tutorial on how to add a link to the player to your device's home screen.
Donate Your Old Car to Support KGNU
Donating your vehicle - car, truck, RV, boat, or motorcycle - is an easy way to support your community radio station. Avoid the hassle of selling it yourself, get a tax deduction, and help KGNU!
Call toll-free 844-KGNU-CAR (844-546-8227), and we'll take care of the rest.
All Spotlight items
- Today from 3:00 PM to 3:30 PMLocally Produced News and Public Affairs Talk Show
- Today from 3:30 PM to 4:00 PMThe Shortwave Report is a weekly 30 minute review of news stories recorded from a shortwave radio.
- Today from 4:00 PM to 5:00 PMWeekly discussions with the political activist, author, lecturer and attorney
- Today from 5:00 PM to 6:00 PMDaily News Show with Stories and Perspectives from Around the World
- Today from 6:00 PM to 6:30 PMHost: Leo Gruip-Ruiz And Marge TaniwakiNews About Latin America and the Caribbean
- Today from 6:30 PM to 7:00 PMHost: Karen RaforthIconic Writers and Activists Jewelle Gomez and Dorothy Allison
- Today from 7:00 PM to 8:00 PMHost: Gary McBrideContemporary and vintage Opera recordings.
- Today from 8:00 PM to 10:00 PMHost: Gary McBrideClassical music
- Today from 10:00 PM to 12:00 AMHost: Ray WentzModern composition & Avant Garde music
- Tonight from 12:00 AM to 3:00 AMLate night freeform radio
- Tomorrow from 3:00 AM to 5:30 AMThe proving ground for new talent
- Tomorrow from 5:30 AM to 6:00 AMA community-based news show founded by former staff members of Pacifica's WBAI in New York
- Tomorrow from 6:00 AM to 6:30 AMThe world's Newsroom brings you global events as they happen
- Tomorrow from 6:30 AM to 6:50 AMThe daily drama of money and work from the BBC
- Tomorrow from 6:50 AM to 7:00 AMThe story of our times told by the people who were there
- Tomorrow from 7:00 AM to 8:00 AMAward Winning News Magazine Show
- Tomorrow from 8:00 AM to 8:32 AMCoverage of Local and Regional Public Affairs and News
- Tomorrow from 8:32 AM to 9:00 AMKGNU's Science Show
- Tomorrow from 9:00 AM to 9:30 AMPresentations from the Late Philosopher and Author
- Tomorrow from 9:30 AM to 12:06 PMDiverse and eclectic sounds, on the mellow side.
- Tomorrow from 12:06 PM to 3:00 PMDiverse and eclectic sounds on the more adventurous side.