Colorado Gives Day 2017
Colorado Gives Day, Colorado's largest one-day online giving movement, is coming up and KGNU needs your support. On Tuesday, December 5, thousands of donors will come together to support Colorado nonprofits like ours. This year, our goal is to raise $25,000 and we know that with your help we can make that goal! Schedule your donation now to arrive on December 5th! Or, remind yourself to support KGNU on Colorado Gives Day!
Thank you! Community, Culture and Safety Tax Renewal Passed!
Boulder voters overwhelmingly supported the Community, Culture, and Safety Tax Renewal 2M & 2N ballot initiative in Boulder, an extension of a sales tax that will fund 13 different capital endeavors throughout the city. KGNU is grateful to be part of this amazing opportunity. Thank you Boulder!
Please consider KGNU in your year-end giving
Tis the season to plan your end-of-year, charitable giving. Support your community radio station that brings you news and music all year long. This is the season to show your love and give back to the community that supports you all year.
Your gift today is 100% tax deductible. Give securely on-line at KGNU.org or call 303-449-4885.
We're is always in need of donations to help update and improve our equipment around the station. Check out our wishlist!
KGNUs New Years Eve Party & Live Broadcast at Goosetown Tavern
KGNU is kicking off its 40th anniversary in 2018 with a New Year's Eve Party and Live Broadcast at Goosetown Tavern, 3242 E Colfax Ave in Denver, on Sunday, December 31st from 7 PM 'till 2018.
Goosetown Tavern, Dec 31, starting at 7:00 PM
Resistance Radio Calendar
Airing Mondays, Resistance Radio announces upcoming events and happenings in the community that are activist and community related. For the full calendar, click here.
Sustainer of Local Radio (SOLR)
Automatic transfers from your bank to ours is the most economical way to support KGNU, so we have incentives. We automatically entered you into all KGNU drawings. Enjoy free shipping on thank-you gifts. Plus, try your luck on monthly concert ticket drawings for SOLR members only. No credit card fees, no expiration dates, fewer mailings - it is greener and cheaper. Become a Sustainer of Local Radio, or SOLR member who supports community radio monthly. click here to download the form. or click on our donation button.
KGNU is (back) in Fort Collins!
KGNU has a new FM translator at 98.7 FM in Laporte, covering the Fort Collins area. Tune in, turn on!
A story about our expansion appears in the Fort Collins Coloradoan.
Donate Your Old Car to Support KGNU
Donating your vehicle - car, truck, RV, boat, or motorcycle - is an easy way to support your community radio station. Avoid the hassle of selling it yourself, get a tax deduction, and help KGNU!
Call toll-free 844-KGNU-CAR (844-546-8227), and we'll take care of the rest.
Notice of a Proposed Addition to KGNU's Bylaws
On November 13, 2017, the Board of Directors of the Boulder Community Broadcast Association, Inc. proposed an addition of a Vision Statement to the organization's bylaws.
The board will vote on the proposed Vision Statement at their next meeting on December 11th 2017. Public comment is welcome and encouraged. The full text of the proposal is here.
All Spotlight items
- The Shortwave ReportThe Shortwave Report is a weekly 30 minute review of news stories recorded from a shortwave radio.
- Today from 4:00 PM to 5:00 PMWeekly discussions with the political activist, author, lecturer and attorney
- Today from 5:00 PM to 6:00 PMDaily News Show with Stories and Perspectives from Around the World
- Today from 6:00 PM to 6:30 PMHost: Leo Gruip-Ruiz And Marge TaniwakiNews About Latin America and the Caribbean
- Today from 6:30 PM to 7:00 PMGay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender News and Interviews.
- Today from 7:00 PM to 8:00 PMContemporary and vintage Opera recordings.
- Today from 8:00 PM to 10:00 PMClassical music
- Today from 10:00 PM to 12:00 AMHost: Ray WentzModern composition & Avant Garde music
- Tonight from 12:00 AM to 3:00 AMLate night freeform radio
- Tomorrow from 3:00 AM to 5:30 AMThe proving ground for new talent
- Tomorrow from 5:30 AM to 6:00 AMA community-based news show founded by former staff members of Pacifica's WBAI in New York
- Tomorrow from 6:00 AM to 6:30 AMThe world's Newsroom brings you global events as they happen
- Tomorrow from 6:30 AM to 6:50 AMThe daily drama of money and work from the BBC
- Tomorrow from 6:50 AM to 7:00 AMThe story of our times told by the people who were there
- Tomorrow from 7:00 AM to 8:00 AMAward Winning News Magazine Show
- Tomorrow from 8:00 AM to 8:32 AMCoverage of Local and Regional Public Affairs and News
- Tomorrow from 8:32 AM to 9:00 AMKGNU's Science Show
- Tomorrow from 9:00 AM to 9:30 AMPresentations from the Late Philosopher and Author
- Tomorrow from 9:30 AM to 12:06 PMDiverse and eclectic sounds, on the mellow side.
- Tomorrow from 12:06 PM to 3:00 PMDiverse and eclectic sounds on the more adventurous side.
- Tomorrow from 3:00 PM to 3:30 PMLocally Produced News and Public Affairs Talk Show
- Tomorrow from 3:30 PM to 4:00 PMAn Award-winning, Weekly Magazine/Documentary-style Public Affairs Program