KGNU will provide updates on wildfire developments on the air every 15-20 minutes throughout the day. We will post information on evacuations and other assistance here.
The Public Information Map, with evacuation order and warning zones, closures, and fire sizes, is here.
The public information call center for CalWood Fire and Lefthand Canyon Fire will be open until 9 p.m. Please call 303-413-7730 to speak to a call center staff member.
The Cameron Peak Fire caused power outages to our Ft. Collins transmitter site, causing 98.7FM in Fort Collins to be off-air temporarily. Power has been returned, and 98.7 FM is back on the air. Let us know if you continue having issues.
KGNU Seeks A News Director
KGNU is hiring a News Director. Help shape the future of local news. The KGNU News Director is a dynamic, energetic, creative, team-oriented, and talented individual responsible for leading KGNU's award-winning News Department. The News Director is responsible for overseeing the editorial agenda, overall direction, and day-to-day operations of the KGNU News Department. The News Director must excel in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented, collaborative environment.
The ideal candidate is a superb journalist and experienced manager with superior organizational skills and high journalistic standards who brings an inspiring, social and racial equity-centered editorial vision that will address local news and information gaps with the skills to implement a strategy to achieve it. Our newsroom prioritizes community relevance and engagement.
The News Director leads KGNU's daily local news coverage across all platforms: radio, podcast, web, social media, and multimedia. The News Director will drive the daily reporting with a combination of energy and calm, creativity and consistency.The News Director will ensure that news coverage and public affairs programming reflect the highest standards of journalistic ethics, audio production, and public service to the KGNU audience and the communities we serve.
The News Director manages our small but mighty team of staff reporters and producers, while providing journalistic guidance, coordination, training, and management of our volunteer reporters, producers, hosts and interns. Fluent Bilingual (Spanish-English) candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
A full job description, details and application instructions are here. Applications due October 30, 2020.
Check out our wishlist. We're always in need of various items to help update and improve our equipment around the station.
KGNU Presents: Boulder Theater Intimate Dinners
Intimate performances from local artists in a socially distanced setting. Featuring Tenth Mountain Division, Magic Beans, Random Rab, The Good Kind, The Pamlico Sound, and more. October through the end of the year.
Visit BoulderTheater.com for more information and tickets.
Don't Throw Away Your Cell Phones!
The Wireless Alliance recycles cell phones. You can drop off your cell phone at KGNU or you can request a recycle box for your workplace. Partial proceeds from donated cell phones will benefit KGNU.
Are you experiencing issues with KGNU's signal?
If you are having difficulty receiving KGNU's signal, over the air or online, please let us know using this form.
Download KGNU Stream Player and Mobile App to Your Mobile
You may have noticed a new player when clicking the Listen link (above left). This player, developed by Radio Rethink, is mobile-friendly - click here for a quick tutorial on how to add a link to the player to your device's home screen.
Donate Your Old Car to Support KGNU
Donating your vehicle - car, truck, RV, boat, or motorcycle - is an easy way to support your community radio station. Avoid the hassle of selling it yourself, get a tax deduction, and help KGNU!
Call toll-free 844-KGNU-CAR (844-546-8227), and we'll take care of the rest.
All Spotlight items
- CounterspinMedia Analysis and Critique
- Today from 9:30 AM to 12:06 PMHost: Leland RuckerDiverse and eclectic sounds, on the mellow side.
- Today from 12:06 PM to 3:00 PMDiverse and eclectic sounds on the more adventurous side.
- Today from 3:00 PM to 3:30 PMLocally Produced News and Public Affairs Talk Show
- Today from 3:30 PM to 4:00 PMThe Shortwave Report is a weekly 30 minute review of news stories recorded from a shortwave radio.
- Today from 4:00 PM to 5:00 PMWeekly discussions with the political activist, author, lecturer and attorney
- Today from 5:00 PM to 6:00 PMDaily News Show with Stories and Perspectives from Around the World
- Today from 6:00 PM to 6:30 PMHost: Leo Gruip-Ruiz And Marge TaniwakiNews About Latin America and the Caribbean
- Today from 6:30 PM to 7:00 PMHost: Sean KenneyArt for a Queer Nature: A Conversation with Robert Martin
- Today from 7:00 PM to 8:00 PMContemporary and vintage Opera recordings.
- Today from 8:00 PM to 10:00 PMHost: Gary McBrideClassical music
- Today from 10:00 PM to 12:00 AMHost: Sanford BaranModern composition & Avant Garde music
- Tonight from 12:00 AM to 3:00 AMHost: Keith ColliganLate night freeform radio
- Tomorrow from 3:00 AM to 5:30 AMThe proving ground for new talent
- Tomorrow from 5:30 AM to 6:00 AMA community-based news show founded by former staff members of Pacifica's WBAI in New York
- Tomorrow from 6:00 AM to 6:30 AMThe world's Newsroom brings you global events as they happen
- Tomorrow from 6:30 AM to 6:50 AMThe daily drama of money and work from the BBC
- Tomorrow from 6:50 AM to 7:00 AMThe story of our times told by the people who were there
- Tomorrow from 7:00 AM to 8:00 AMAward Winning News Magazine Show
- Tomorrow from 8:00 AM to 8:32 AMCoverage of Local and Regional Public Affairs and News
- Tomorrow from 8:32 AM to 9:00 AMKGNU's Science Show
- Tomorrow from 9:00 AM to 9:30 AMPresentations from the Late Philosopher and Author