It's our birthday!
KGNU is 41! We went on the air on 88.5 FM in Boulder County at 10 AM on May 22nd, 1978.
Watch a video of KGNU's first minutes on the air!
KGNU seeks a Full Time Bilingual Spanish-English Latinx News Reporter/Producer
El/la Reportero/a-Productor/a de Investigación y de Campo trabajará en un ambiente dinámico y acelerado y será responsable de trabajar con el equipo de noticias para producir un podcast original y de alto impacto, además de producir audio y noticias digitales diariamente, incluyendo edición de audio, realizar reportajes en vivo, y producciones bilingües por escrito.
The Investigative/Field Reporter-Producer will work in a fast paced environment and is responsible for working with the news team to produce high-impact special podcast, daily audio and digital news stories including edited audio, live reports, and bilingual written productions.
The full job description and application instructions are here.
KGNU's Youth Radio Workshop for Teens!
KGNU offers a three day Youth Radio Workshop for teens ages 12-19. The classes will cover in-studio radio broadcast skills, field recording basics, using sound editing software, how to be a music disc jockey, creating a news feature and/or radio drama, and much more. Offering two camp sessions: June 10-12 and July 29-31.
Check out our wishlist. We're always in need of various items to help update and improve our equipment around the station.
KGNUs Annual Plant Sale and Craft Fair
KGNU will host our annual Plant Sale on Sunday, June 2 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at 4700 Walnut Street in Boulder. This will be your opportunity to shop for fantastic starters and gardening supplies. Were having a garden inspired arts and crafts fair with our annual plant sale. Artists and crafters, with garden-themed items, interested in participating in the sale or to donate plants can contact Kathleen, email@example.com or 303 499-5314 for details. Donations are open from May 13th - 24th in KGNU's backyard. Plant some seeds, divide and pot up some plant for KGNU.
KGNU Boulder Studios, Jun 02, starting at 9:00 AM
Don't Throw Away Your Cell Phones!
The Wireless Alliance recycles cell phones. You can drop off your cell phone at KGNU or you can request a recycle box for your workplace. Partial proceeds from donated cell phones will benefit KGNU.
Are you experiencing issues with KGNU's signal?
If you are having any difficulty receiving KGNU's signal, over the air or online, please let us know using this form.
Download KGNU Stream Player and Mobile App to Your Mobile
You may have noticed a new player when clicking the Listen link (above left). This player, developed by Radio Rethink, is mobile-friendly - click here for a quick tutorial on how to add a link to the player to your device's home screen.
Donate Your Old Car to Support KGNU
Donating your vehicle - car, truck, RV, boat, or motorcycle - is an easy way to support your community radio station. Avoid the hassle of selling it yourself, get a tax deduction, and help KGNU!
Call toll-free 844-KGNU-CAR (844-546-8227), and we'll take care of the rest.
KGNU is the Recipient of Recycle Colorado's award for Outstanding Outreach
KGNU has been awarded the 2019 Recycle Colorado award for Outstanding Outreach. This award is given to a media outlet that in the past year has worked to promote recycling, composting, or waste reduction in Colorado.
Listen to KGNU's Zero Waste Radio Series on News.KGNU.org.
All Spotlight items
- The Thom Hartmann ShowA weekly program from the internationally renowned progressive talkshow host
- Today from 5:00 PM to 6:00 PMDaily News Show with Stories and Perspectives from Around the World
- Today from 6:00 PM to 7:00 PMErvand Abrahamian â€“ U.S. & Iran: Four Decades of Hostility
- Today from 7:00 PM to 8:00 PMHost: Leslie LomasA weekly exploration of Celtic music.
- Today from 8:00 PM to 10:00 PMTraditional Music from Around the World.
- Today from 10:00 PM to 12:00 AMA midweek mix for you Reggae blood system.
- Tonight from 12:00 AM to 3:00 AMLate night freeform radio
- Tomorrow from 3:00 AM to 5:30 AMThe proving ground for new talent
- Tomorrow from 5:30 AM to 6:00 AMA community-based news show founded by former staff members of Pacifica's WBAI in New York
- Tomorrow from 6:00 AM to 6:30 AMThe world's Newsroom brings you global events as they happen
- Tomorrow from 6:30 AM to 6:50 AMThe daily drama of money and work from the BBC
- Tomorrow from 6:50 AM to 7:00 AMThe story of our times told by the people who were there
- Tomorrow from 7:00 AM to 8:00 AMAward Winning News Magazine Show
- Tomorrow from 8:00 AM to 8:35 AMCoverage of Local and Regional Public Affairs and News
- Tomorrow from 8:35 AM to 9:30 AMIn-depth Discussions on Local News Issues.
- Tomorrow from 9:30 AM to 12:06 PMHost: Indra RajDiverse and eclectic sounds, on the mellow side.
- Tomorrow from 12:06 PM to 3:00 PMDiverse and eclectic sounds on the more adventurous side.
- Tomorrow from 3:00 PM to 3:30 PMLocally Produced News and Public Affairs Talk Show
- Tomorrow from 3:30 PM to 4:00 PMTime of Useful Consciousness Radio
- Tomorrow from 4:00 PM to 4:30 PMA weekly program hosted by Richard D. Wolff, Professor of Economics
- Tomorrow from 4:30 PM to 5:00 PMExploring the alternatives to violence