5th Annual KGNU/CFCZ Mardi Gras Dance Party
Louisiana's own JoJo Reed and the Creole Dance Band will light up this traditional Mardi Gras party, presented by Colorado Friends of Cajun and Zydeco Music and KGNU.
Spies or Patriots: John Kiriakou Speaks in Denver and Boulder
Spies or Patriots?
Why is our government waging war on whistleblowers?Join KGNU Community Radio, Be The Change USA, and the Rocky Mountain Peace and Justice Center as we welcome John Kiriakou, a former CIA Agent, as he discusses the U.S. Government's campaign to stamp out dissent.
Afternoon News Programming Changes
KGNU is introducing Reveal, from The Center for Investigative Reporting, Tuesdays at 4pm in place of Democracy Now. We are considering moving the Thom Hartmann show from its 4-5pm slot on Thursday to 4-5pm on Wednesday, replacing the afternoon rebroadcast of Democracy Now in order to air Economic Update by Professor Richard Wolff on Thursday 4-5pm. As usual, we'd like to hear your feedback online, on our comment line at 303 447-9911 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
KGNU seeks a Director of Development
KGNU Community Radio seeks a DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR to build a strong financial structure which will fuel our 2014-2018 Strategic Plans, as we forge into our 40th year. The Director of Development will report to the Station Manager and be expected to work collaboratively with staff, volunteers, and the Board of Directors in a team environment.
Click here for the complete job description and application instructions. The application deadline is Feb. 25th, 2016, at 5 PM Mountain time.
Phone Shifts during the Spring Membership Drive
Our Spring Membership Drive runs March 2nd-13th, and as always, KGNU relies on Volunteer Power, answering phones and taking pledges.
Click the button below to check the available shifts (as some people change their schedules) and to sign up online, or call 303-449-4885. No experience necessary.
More info, phone shift times and a helpful instructional video are here.
We have changed our online streaming service
We have changed to a new streaming service provider. For those of you online listeners who use the Tune In Online links to the left or on our Listen page, you will not notice a difference.
If you have our streaming links bookmarked in your favorite media player, you will need to update your bookmarks. See the Direct Tune-In Path section of our Listen page for the new direct links to bookmark.
If you have any questions, email us or call 303-449-4885.
Board of Directors meeting
The board meets on the second Monday of every month at 6 PM. During even numbered months, meetings are held at Denver studio. During odd numbered months, they are held at the Boulder studios.
The public is always welcome and encouraged to attend.
All Spotlight items
- Today from 3:30 PM to 4:00 PMA Daily Half-hour Progressive U.S. Radio Newscast Owned and Managed by News Reporters
- Today from 4:00 PM to 5:00 PMTavis Smiley welcomes a variety of guests to be part of a high-energy exchange of views, information, and insight.
- Today from 5:00 PM to 6:00 PMDaily News Show with Stories and Perspectives from Around the World
- Today from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PMHost: Greg SchultzBlues from vintage and contemporary recordings.
- Today from 9:00 PM to 11:00 PMClassic Funk & Soul.
- Today from 11:00 PM to 12:00 AMClassic Punk & Other Junk.
- Tonight from 12:00 AM to 3:00 AMLate night freeform radio
- Tomorrow from 3:00 AM to 6:00 AMThe proving ground for new talent
- Tomorrow from 6:00 AM to 9:00 AMClassic Country and New Music Steeped in That Tradition.
- Tomorrow from 9:00 AM to 12:00 PMBluegrass music from the traditional to the contemporary.
- Tomorrow from 12:00 PM to 1:00 PMNew traditions in international sound.
- Tomorrow from 1:00 PM to 4:00 PMReggae and its roots: Ska, Rock Steady, Dub, Dance Hall and more.