New Volunteer Orientation
KGNU holds our Volunteer Orientations every other month. You can attend an orientation in either Denver or Boulder. If you've ever thought about getting involved with community media--on the air and behind the scenes--attending an orientation session is the best place to start.
The next orientation is May 7th, 2015, at 7 PM in Denver and Boulder. Just show up at either orientation.
KGNU Plant Sale
KGNU will host a plant sale on Sunday, May 31st, from 9am to 3pm at 4700 Walnut Street in Boulder. This will be your opportunity to shop for fantastic starters and gardening supplies.
Now is the time to divide does house plants, put cuttings in water and start some indoor seeds. If you have friends with gardens that they will be thinning out, ask them to save some to donate to KGNUs Plant Sale. Were also accepting garden tools and implements in good condition. Donations accepted beginning May 18th. Good luck with your gardening!
Support KGNU's 3D Capital Campaign
Help us raise $250,000 in order to make KGNU more Digital, Durable, and Dependable. We're half way towards our goal! More details at KGNU in 3D.
Sustainer of Local Radio (SOLR)
Automatic withdrawals from your bank account are the most economical way to support KGNU. No credit card fees, no expiration dates, less postage & paper costs - it is greener and cheaper. If you'd like to be a Sustainer of Local Radio, or SOLR member who supports community radio on a monthly basis, please click here to download the form, sign and return it to KGNU. Or click on our donation button.
KGNU Board of Directors meeting
The board meets on the second Monday of every month at 6 PM. During even numbered months, meetings are held at Denver studio. During odd numbered months, they are held at the Boulder studios.
The public is always welcome and encouraged to attend.
Does your company match donations?
Many companies match contributions their employees make to non-profits, as a benefit to their employees. Did you know that many of these funds go unused each year? You may be able to match or even double your contribution to KGNU by participating in your employers matching gift program. Contact your Human Resources or Community Relations Specialist at work to ask how to participate. Thanks to your employer, and thank you to you for keeping community radio alive and well.
Donate Your Old Car to Support KGNU
Donating your old vehicle is an easy way to support community radio. Avoid the hassle of selling it yourself, get a tax deduction and help KGNU!
Call toll-free 844-KGNU-CAR (844-546-8227), and we'll take care of the rest. We will take cars that run or not, but some restrictions do apply.
All Spotlight items
- Today from 12:00 PM to 3:00 PMHost: Barry RoarkDiverse and eclectic sounds on the more adventurous side.
- Today from 3:00 PM to 3:30 PMLocally Produced News and Public Affairs Talk Show
- Today from 3:30 PM to 4:00 PMAn Award-winning, Weekly Magazine/Documentary-style Public Affairs Program
- Today from 4:00 PM to 5:00 PMAward Winning News Magazine Show
- Today from 5:00 PM to 6:00 PMDaily News Show with Stories and Perspectives from Around the World
- Today from 6:00 PM to 7:00 PMNational and International Politics
- Today from 7:00 PM to 8:00 PMLive performances from the KGNU Kabaret
- Today from 8:00 PM to 10:00 PMThis show presents the music of Latin America, from traditional to modern. Corriente is Spanish for "current".
- Today from 10:00 PM to 12:00 AMThe art of improvisation and the shape of Jazz to come.
- Tonight from 12:00 AM to 3:00 AMLate night freeform radio
- Tomorrow from 3:00 AM to 5:30 AMThe proving ground for new talent
- Tomorrow from 5:30 AM to 6:00 AMA community-based news show founded by former staff members of Pacifica's WBAI in New York
- Tomorrow from 6:00 AM to 7:00 AMDaily News Show with Stories and Perspectives from Around the World
- Tomorrow from 7:00 AM to 8:00 AMAward Winning News Magazine Show
- Tomorrow from 8:00 AM to 8:35 AMCoverage of Local and Regional Public Affairs and News
- Tomorrow from 8:35 AM to 9:30 AMIn-depth Discussions on Local News Issues.
- Tomorrow from 9:30 AM to 12:00 PMHost: Uncle JeffDiverse and eclectic sounds, on the mellow side.